Monday, March 28, 2011

day #9

FRIENDS

I really don't know how to describe my friends.  They are such an ecclectic group of people!  And since they are all from different parts of my life, many of them don't know each other! 

During some of my toughest times I've learned (finally) that it's okay to lean on people, and it's healthy to depend on your friends in certain circumstances.  After a few of these tough times, I decided something I felt was pretty profound at the time.  My friends are the people who make me feel most like ME.  I can completely be myself.  There's no judgement.  There's love and support.  And sometimes it's tough love when I need it!

KRISTEN
Kristen and I met in 1995.  We had class together and knew that our sisters knew each other, and the rest is history!  Kristen is the kind of girl that will celebrate with me when I'm really excited about something, or her eyes will tear up anytime I start to tear up.  She quite literally joins in my celebrations and in my sorrows.  We were best friends through those awkward middle school years, and she is still my best friend now.  I'd do absolutely anything for this girl.  When I'm stressed out or sad, our talks always make me feel better.   And she's always up for a park date!


LINZY

I knew of Linzy when we were in grade school because she lived a couple streets over from me.  We didn't become best friends until High School when we finally had classes together (she's a year younger than me.)  Linzy has always been the one that I know will shoot straight with me.  She loves me and wants the best for me, but she also isn't afraid to say "Hey Lynsie, I think this is a big fat mistake.  You're being dumb."  (Hey!  Sometimes we all need to hear that!) She has also endured many park dates with me, and we will forever be "The Lynsie's" or... "The Linzy's" or... "The Lynzy's" haha...  =)


LARESA
Laresa is one of the most incredibly STRONG women I've ever met.  We became friends in college when I started dating one of her good friends.  If there were ever two people who have gone through similar things ALL the way throughout life, it's me and Laresa. (Even to this very day)  We understand each other well, because we've been through many of the same situations.  She is unbelievable smart and she understands so much about life.  I've learned a lot about myself, just from being friends with her.  I've GOT to get up to Kansas City to see her again!  It's been tooooo long.


AMANDA
Amanda has really been my only close girlfriend here in Muskogee.  We met through Daniel (even though he wasn't there) and we hit it off!  Amanda is the best of both worlds... she's so much fun to hang out with and always up for a good time (see our silly picture!) but she's also really easy to talk to about anything. She's been an ear for me who knows how many times over the last year.  Love this girl soooo much!

DANIEL

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel.   where do I start?  Daniel is the type of person that you just trust.  He has such a solid head on his shoulders, and he gives great advice when it comes to my job, things I'm involved in within our community, and all sorts of things.  He's been an endless ear for me, and he's heard all the goods and the bads of the last 2 years.  He's loyal and dependable, and and all around terrific friend.  I'm grateful we have been able to remain close... our IHOP dates help keep me sane lately.


BRYAN

First and foremost, WHY is this the only picture I have of the two of us???  I mean, it does make me laugh a lot, but it's kind of ridiculous!   I think most people are genuine at their core, but Bryan is genuine with everyone he meets.  He's sincere and thoughtful.  He'd bend over backwards to help me (he has, many times.)  He puts others first.  He's absolutely brilliant, and open to talking about anything, and when I say anything, I mean anything! Nothing is off limits!  We've had many discussions on religion, spirituality, politics, poetry, art, WORDS, all kinds of things.  We have so many similarities, for being such different people. And he has the BEST taste in music. 


DAVID

David and I became friends in college, simply because his best friend and my best friend were dating (and they are now married! This picture is from their wedding.)  Our friendship in college grew over coffee, and during long drives listening to music.  We got through lots of things together.  Some of my favorite memories with David are pumpkin carving day at Laura's in Norman, going to baseball games, or arguing over them in his living room (damn red sox fan!), going to many many concerts... At D-Fest a few years back I was in the front row for The Format (naturally) but he couldn't get through the crazy crowd.  So, resourceful David talked two big guys into lifting him up over the crowd to get to me.  All I know is I heard my name, turned around, and David is being literally thrown at me.  haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment