Tuesday, March 29, 2011

day #10

TRAVEL

What?  That's my prompt today?  Just "travel" ???  Is this places to which I've traveled?  Places to which I'd like to travel?  Come on people.   Guess I'll touch on both.

My family always vacationed in Colorado in the summers.  We would typically take a week long trip in a different part of Colorado each year.  Most people go there to ski, but we went with a much more enjoyable purpose:  Camping!  We loved camping, hiking, 4 wheeling, fishing, and whatever else we could get into.  I have great memories at Estes Park, Colorado Springs, Uray, Silverton/Durango, Aspen, Crested Butte, Red River, etc. 

Two of my longest (distance) vacations were when I went to England.  I went once when I was 14, and again when I was 18.  It was exciting to be so far from home, in a completely different place, but still know the language! My two favorite parts of England were Stonehenge, because that's freaking amazing, and Westminster Abby, because it was the first time my 4-years of Latin came in handy.  I could actually read some of the writings!  I got excited about who all is THERE: Charles Dickens, George Handel, Robert Browning, Geoffrey Chaucer, John Dryden, Samuel Johnson, Alfred Lord Tennyson... the list goes on and on.  Overwhelmingly fantastic.

My trip to New York City was really exciting too.  I was only there for 4 days, and actually didn't have the best time... but I have one of my favorite memories.  I played at Carnegie Hall one evening.  Just to say I know what it sounds like to play inside Carnegie Hall... that's an amazing feeling I'll never forget.

So now onto where would I like to travel?  My goodness, I'd love to go anywhere tropical, now that I don't hate water like I used to, or perhaps I never really hated water, I just hated myself.  So hopefully my next vacation will be somewhere on a beach, with a pina colada in my hand.  =)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! Would love to go to England and NYC! Someday!! :)

    ReplyDelete