Wednesday, March 23, 2011

day #4

PARENTS

I'm one lucky girl, because I have some awesome parents.  Some people only have 2 parents.  I have 3!  Plus the best Grandpa ever, so I have to include him too.  Okay, let's start with my Dad.



My dad is quite possibly the smartest person I've ever met.  He can figure out anything, build anything, create anything, solve anything.  We can talk about all kinds of things, and we love going out to a bar and having a nice cold beer together.  (Where I always make sure to call him DAD loudly, just to clear things up!)  I'm a lucky girl to get to have that kind of relationship with my dad!




My mom is one of the coolest ladies around.  She chose to be a stay at home mom, so she got to spend quite a bit of time with me and Sister all throughout our childhood.  She has all these unique talents that I wish I could inherit.  She is insanely creative and can make ANYTHING out of ANYTHING.  She does beadwork with jewelry for fun, she has more knowledge about music than most people I know (favorite memories include catching her singing Outkast, or doing the YMCA in the car.)  She is typically who I call mid melt-down.  She is great at making me realize the sky is, in fact, not falling.


My step-dad is wonderful too!  (Although for some reason this is the best picture I could find of the two of us, from my 2006 college graduation!)  He came into my life in 2005 when he married my beautiful mom. (And he is SO PERFECT for her!!!)  For the last 6 years, he's been such a great part of the family.  He is one of those guys that would break his back bending over backwards to help you.  From day 1, he's completely welcomed me into his life as if I were a daughter.  He's one of a kind, and I'm blessed to get to have a step-dad!

Last, but certainly not least... my GRANDPA!!! He's my only grandparent, and I adore him more than he knows probably.  We have so many similarities, I'm certain he passed down many common interests somehow.  We love talking about baseball, and about New York, and England, and about books.  He reads more than anyone I know!  We love jigsaw puzzles, and ALWAYS had one out to work on at his house.  The's one of my very favorite people in this whole world.  He has a special place in my heart.


Well... I could go on and on about more family... my sister!!!! My aunts and uncles and favorite cousins.... but this post was supposed to specifically be about parents, and I already stretched my boundaries.  haha.  Til next time...


"We are family... I got all my sisters with me" ... that one's for you, Mom.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment