Sunday, March 27, 2011

day #8

FAVORITE MOVIES

I LOVE movies, so picking favorites is going to be really hard for me.  Bear with me, this list might be a little more lengthy than it should be.  I'll try to stick with one favorite per movie category.  (yeah right)

DRAMA
What can I say?  I love a good depressing moving, especially when I can hate Tom Cruise.  All star cast, so much detail in the way the stories are woven together.  All time favorite.


WESTERN
Who doesn't LOVE Tombstone?  Best Cowboy movie ever, and the ONLY thing Val Kilmer ever did right. 


COMEDY
Seriously the funniest movie on the planet.  I know every line by heart, and it seems that almost weekly, something happens that reminds me of a scene in Tommy Boy, or gives me a chance to say something like "Housekeeping!"


CHICK-FLICK
The relationship between John Cusack and Ione Skye just kills me everytime.  And I've watched this movie probably 100 times.  It's my go-to movie if I feel like a chick flick (which is pretty rare for me!)


DRAMA (yes another)

Another pretty heavy drama, pretty depressing, but so ARTFULLY done!  Phillip Seymour Hoffman is brilliant, as is Charlie Kauffman.  Be ready to cry your eyes out from emotional overload.


CHICK-FLICK (yup again)
I've always loved Kirsten Dunst, and this is another beautifully done movie.  I love her character... I feel like I identify with it a lot.  And there is a beautiful scene at the OKC Bombing Memorial Survivor Tree.  That strikes close to home too.


Not sure what to call this one, drama, love story, etc.
Once again, another great movie.  It has the love-story, the drama, the war scenes... this one is epic.


Coming of Age / Comedy

All time favorite in the Coming-of-Age or High School type movies.  Who doesn't love Renee Zellweger and Liv Tyler.  Hilarious!  (...not on Rex Manning day!!!)


Musical / Christmas Movie
 Bing Crosby has that lovely deep voice, and Danny Kaye is one of the funniest actors from this time period.  Absolutely my favorite Christmas movie.  I tend to watch it a least 3 or 4 times in December!


Series!
I freaking love James Bond!  (especially that gorgeous Daniel Craig.. mmm!!!)  I love ANY James Bond movie, even the older ones!  Every now and then I need a Bond marathon!




No comments:

Post a Comment