Sunday, March 20, 2011

day #1

PICTURE & 10 INTERESTING FACTS


Here's me at  Honor Heights Park last April during the Azalea Festival.  Honor Heights is a gorgeous park on the West side of town, and I tend to frequent it throughout the spring.  Now on to my 15 intereting facts!

1.  I'm a baseball nut.  I love the Yankees.  Jorge Posada is my backup plan, in case something else doesn't work out.  (kidding)
2.  I work in an office by myself, and am quite an independent person.  Every other month or so, I'll go to dinner and a movie by myself, just for the fun of it. 
3.  I absolutely love what I do for a living.  I believe hard work pays off and I think if you can stay focused, you can achieve anything.
4.  I believe God has a better plan for my life than I do.  And even though it drives me a little crazy not knowing what's in store for me, I rest assured knowing that He can plan bigger better things for my life than I ever could.  He's proven that to me time and time again.
5.  Family is a deeper kind of love than I ever realized.  You're connected to them forever, so you HAVE to work through the tough spots.  And it's worth it.
6.  I grew up dancing.  Took ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, hip-hop, you name it.  That experience stayed buried in a file in the back of my brain for years and years, until recently.  Now I'm singing and dancing in Muskogee Little Theatre's prouction of Chicago.  And I LOVE it.
7.  I have music on almost all the time.  The iPod feature on my iPhone is definitely the one that gets the most use.  I rarely pick out something to listen to, I almost always let it shuffle.
8.  I officially gave up caffiene 1 year ago. No more coffee in the morning.  No more Starbucks outings.  (which is good because I don't have a Starbucks here!)  No more Diet Coke! Water only.  And tea about once a week.  (I know I know... it has caffiene...)
9. I think it would be ridiculously easy for me to become a vegetarian.  When I cook at home, I rarely use meat anyway.  But living in a small town, where all the restaurants are either fried chicken or BBQ... it's a little more difficult.  Perhaps I'll explore this more later in life.
10.  I love writing.  I love reading.  I'm a huge word nerd.  I'm awesome at Scrabble.  I perform at open mic poetry whenever I get the chance. and now I'm trying to open up that well of creativity again through this blog.  Hopefully it hasn't run dry yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment