Friday, April 1, 2011

day #13

NICKNAMES

This one will be fun.  Seems that through the years I've had plenty of nicknames, most of them meant with all the love in the world, hopefully. 
Lyn - Mom's family has always called me Lyn.  Especially my Aunt Marci.  Seems like a pretty easy version of my name, but I think that side of the family are the only people that call me Lyn

Lynzer - My dad is the ONLY person that is allowed to call me Lynzer.  But something gives me serious comfort when I walk into his pharmacy in the city and I hear "Hey Lynzer" from behind the counter. 

Little Lynsie - In high school, one of my friends parents started calling me Little Lynsie.  For some reason it caught on, and ALL the parents called me little lynsie!  To this day, if I run into Sarah Neely's mom, she still calles me that.

LynSEEE - This is how our high school teachers differientiated between me and Linzy in class.  LynSEEE was me, and LinZEEE was Linzy. 

L cubed - Yeah, when I became a "Laughlin"  that meant my initials went from LLH to LLL.  My friends thought it was hilarious to call me L cubed.  Luckily that has subsided substantially.

Piglet - One of my dearest friends from high school started this one.  When we were kids we agreed he was like Pooh and I was like Piglet.  Over the years of course it's morphed into Pig, Piggy, and many other variations of the word.  He's the only person in this world that can call me Pig, and I truly feel like it's a term of endearment!

I feel like there are so many more!  But I can't think of any.  That's all for today.  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment