Thursday, April 14, 2011

day #21

BELIEFS

Ooooh this one is going to be a good one.  I have a wide variety of beliefs, from political, to spiritual (I've always hate the word "religious") to general ethics about life.  Years ago I decided there was no way I'd get anywhere in life, if I didn't know exactly what I believe.  It's the foundation of everything.  So here is a long list... though I won't say it's conclusive.

1.  I believe "God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time - to show us his grace through Christ Jesus."  (2Tim 1:9)
2.  I believe we are sinners because of Adam's sin, and we are saved because of Jesus's work, not our own. (Rom 5:17)
3.  I believe that unconditional love really does exist.  And when you find it, it's incredibly hard to let go of.

4.  I believe if you cannot be happy by yourself, with yourself, it is near impossible to be happy with someone else.

5.  I believe if we educate and empower young women and girls, lots of the worlds problems would cease to exist (teen pregnancy, poverty issues, domestic violence, drug/alcohol abuse, etc.)

6.  I believe in grassroots efforts, not only the outcome of them but perhaps more importantly, the journey it takes to get there.

7.  I believe in living without regrets, because each situation and each decision you make somehow molds you into who you are today.

8.  I believe real friendship will multiply your joy and divide your sorrow, but should sttill be strong enough to call you ass out if are out of line.

9.  I believe music can heal places within your soul that are otherwise un-heal-able. 

10.  I believe laying your heart on the line is worth the consequences, no matter how the chips fall.

11.  I believe lies will spoil anything they touch, and loyalty is absolutely vital in any relationship. 

12.  I believe general chivalry will never ever get old, nor be replaced.

13.  I believe counseling can be beneficial to every single person, if only they would have the guts to put themselves under a microscope.

So much more ... no more time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment