Monday, April 11, 2011

day #18

(Accidentally took 4 days off from the blog!  And didn't think about it ONCE. It was a busy busy week.  But now I'm back, to finish my 30 days strong, hopefully!)


WHAT STRESSES YOU OUT

If you know me very well at all, you know that I've been through some difficult things.  (By 27, most people have! I still think your 20s are so much more difficult that your teens!) Anyway, I've always loved coming OUT of a difficult situation, and making the BEST of it.  I love seeing how certain things can shape me and mold me. Because of the variety of things I've been through, I think I'm pretty level headed, and I can handle quite a bit.  I'm pretty good about keeping my emotions in check (though they do get away from me every now and then...) I'm good about staying calm and not getting dramatic about things (can't stand overly dramatic people)... I'm a realist, and I take situations as they come to me. 

All this said... there are some things that just, flat out, stress me out.  I don't mean for it to, but this list will probably be a little silly.  Sure there are BIG things that can stress me out, but there are some little meaningless things that can also get under my skin.  Here we go...

1.  CAR TROUBLE:  This is at the top of my list currently, seeng as how my car died last week, then a borrowed truck died on me a few days later. Pretty much anything that has to do with car maintenance stresses me out.  My dad taught me how to change my oil, change a tire, all that good stuff.  Piece of cake.  But if it's anything else, I'm up a creek.  =/

2.  WORK ISSUES BEYOND MY CONTROL:  I don't think I'm a control freak...but if I feel something at work start to spin and I cannot get a handle on it, I get stressed out.  Sometimes I think since I work alone in this office, I feel the weight of this $112 million foundation sitting on my back.  Sometimes I forget I have 13 Board members, and probably 40 committee members I can call in for help anytime I need it.  Sometimes I think I have to take care of it all alone, and that can be overwhelming sometimes.

3.  BEING ALONE:  Once again, I love my quiet time.  I love living alone, going home to a quiet house.  But the idea of being alone forever stresses me out.  I don't think God would put such a strong desire for a family in my heart, if He didn't have big plans for me.  (Word to the wise, don't ever pray for patience, unless you really want to be taught that lesson.)

4.  TRASH:  Yeah, this seems silly... trash stresses me out.  I love cleaning, I'd clean all day long.  But when it comes to taking out the trash, I hate it.  Maybe I need to add that to my future spouse's list... someone who will take out the trash. Haha!  I will clean toilets, and do dishes, and fold laundry and sweep/mop/vacuum all day long... but please please, someone else take out the trash.

5.  DISORGANIZATION:  Another silly one.  I am easily stressed out when things are not organized perfectly.  My closet, for example, is in perfect order... shirts together, skirts together, dresses together... all in color order even.  Same with my shoes.  If it gets messed up, it stresses me out.  Same with my kitchen... dirty dishes in the sink stress me out, which is why I wash them and put them away immediately.  (Yes... its the OCD creeping in again.  I almost came unglued with the chaos that ensued in striking the set yesterday!)

That's all I can think of for now.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment